Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Story of My Life

The Story of My Life



I was ready to tell
the story of my life,
but the ripple of tears
and the agony of my heart
wouldn't let me.
 
I began to stutter
saying a word here and there
and all along I felt
as tender as a crystal
ready to be shattered.
 
In this stormy sea
we call life.
all the big ships
come apart
board by board.
 
How can I survive
riding a lonely,
little boat
with no oars
and no arms.
 
My boat did finally break
by the waves
and I broke free
as I tied myself
to a single board.
 
Though the panic is gone,
I am now offended.
Why should I be so helpless
rising with one wave
and falling with the next?
 
I don't know
if I am
nonexistence
while I exist,
but I know for sure
when I am
I am not
but
when I am not
then I am.
 
Now how can I be
a skeptic
about the
resurrection and
coming to life again.
 
Since in this world
I have many times
like my own imagination
died and
been born again.
 
That is why
after a long agonizing life
as a hunter,
I finally let go and got
hunted down and became free.



Translated by
Nader Khalili